Macro Fish Counter
High speed counting of fry and smolts
The Micro and Macro are revolutionary fast fish counters designed to count fry & smolts from from 0.2 g.
The Macro is especially effective when delivering large amounts of fish for transport by helicopter, truck or wellboat. The smaller Micro is ideal for the internal handling of smaller fish or delivering fry for transport. Both counters can be supplied for counting directly from a grader.
Each counter is based on a scanning camera and computer vision. The fish are carried gently in water through the scanning area where the outlines are recorded. Custom designed software is used to analyse and count each image. Even at maximum capacity the counter is extremely accurate - over 98%.
- Accurate counting of fish from 0.2 g
- Capacity of 200,000 smolts/ 1 million 1g fry/hour
- Images are saved for verification
- Printed counting report
- Stress free - fish are in water at all times
- Size measurement (optional)
- Overload alarm and remote monitoring (optional)
- USB port for accessories
- Removable counter head for servicing or storing.
The Macro is designed for high-speed counting of large numbers of fry or smolts:
- when delivering from hatcheries
- for internal control when splitting, moving, or grading
- to wellboats, helicopter or transport trucks
- for overall information during the growing season
- delivering fish from wellboats
Read a feedback from a pleased customer of the VAKI Macro Counter.